The Charola was the Knight´s private oratorium within the fortress. Its typology was similar to the byzantine churches which integrated the Romanesque with the Crusades movement. The Charola will now function in the Main Chapel of the new conventual church. It will be enriched with sacred art including sculpture, wood and leather painting, mural paintings and pargets. Recently, there has been an important discovery - Manueline paintings in the vaulted ceiling of the ambulatory which had been covered in lime after the 1755´s earthquake.